Breast augmentation is one of the popular procedures that many clinics offer in Calgary. In Calgary alone, thousands of patients undergo breast surgery in a single year.
What is Breast Augmentation and what does it mean?
Breast Augmentation is a surgical procedure that involves increasing the size, shape, or fullness of the breast.
Why would someone want Breast Augmentation?
It aims at:
- Enhancing breasts that are small due to genetics.
- Aligning asymmetrical breasts.
- Creating fuller breasts that might have lost their fullness due to breastfeeding and weight loss.
- Enhancing/ tightening sagging breasts
What are the types of Breast Augmentation?
There are mainly two types of breast augmentation.
- Traditional breast augmentation – Silicone and saline implants
- Natural breast augmentation – Fat transfer
Traditional breast augmentation
This type of breast augmentation requires the usage of implants such as silicone and saline implants. It is the most common procedure to enlarge and provide volume to the breast.
Book now at PlasticSpot Calgary Page to get started
What is a Breast Implant?
Breast implants are a medical prosthesis that is inserted into the breast through surgery. It helps in providing volume to the breasts.
There are two kinds of implants.
- Saline implants
A saline implant is made of an elastomer silicone shell, which holds the desired level of water salt. This shell is inserted into the breasts.
- Silicone implants
A silicone implant is made of silicone, which is held by the silicone shell. It comes in a variety of sizes and cups.
Boob Jobs in Calgary is a common phrase used among millennials aka Breast Implants.
Safety is the number one priority during your Breast Augmentation Procedure:
- During the appointment, the patient selects the implant size and chooses, which feels the most comfortable.
- The surgery begins under general anesthesia.
- An incision is made in the crease, armpit, or around the nipple area.
- The implants are placed under or over the pectoral muscle.
- The incisions are closed.
Breast Augmentation Results and Aftercare:
The result of an implant breast augmentation is very prominent. During the first few weeks, the breast will be swollen and will appear bigger in size. The patient may have difficulty in doing regular activities because of the incision and stitches.
A patient can resume regular light activities after two weeks. However, for the sutures to heal completely, a patient requires a minimum of 6 weeks. After six weeks, the patient can proceed with normal activities.
What are some risks of Breast Augmentation?
There are plenty of risks involved in breast augmentation. Some of them are:
- Rupturing or leaking of the implant
- Fluid accumulation
- Painful breasts
- Sensation in the breast, the nipples, or both, may change temporarily
What are the Pros and Cons of Breast Augmentation?
Three Pros are:
- The results are prominent.
- It provides proper volume and enhances the shape of the breasts.
- It improves body proportion.
Four Cons are:
- The insertion of foreign materials into the body is not 100% safe.
- The incision done to insert the implants can cause scarring.
- A patient requires at least six weeks to heal completely.
- There are chances of infection.
Note: For booking inquiries and consultations with a professional, see PlasticSpot Consultation and Bookings Calgary.
Breast Augmentation Cost in Calgary
The cost of the procedure may vary according to the geographical area, hospitals, and clinics. It also depends on the level of expertise of the surgeon and other factors like the medical test, post-op medications, and bills, etc.
The average cost of breast augmentation, according to the ASPC (American Society of Plastic Surgeons), is estimated to be around $3,824 non-inclusive of the breast implant type, anesthesia, etc
How much does breast augmentation cost in Alberta? Usually, The cost of a breast augmentation operation is $5,000- $15,000 Dollars non-inclusive of the final rate.
To make this process easier you can book an appointment on PlasticSpot.
Healthiest | Natural Breast Augmentation Procedure and Process
Natural breast augmentation is a straightforward procedure that involves a fat transfer. Liposuction techniques that are advanced allow the plastic surgeon to remove fat from the body safely and as pain-free as possible. Once the fat removal is completed, unlike traditional breast augmentations that involve implants, the fat is directly injected into the breast. It does not make large incisions on the body or involve placing any implants under or over the muscles.
Before committing to the surgery, it is essential to know how, where, and when these fat cells are injected into the breast.
Click here, and book a free consultation today.
How is this performed and where is this procedure performed?
The procedure of natural breast augmentation with fat transfer is generally performed as follows:
- First of all, the donor site is to be selected.
- Special liposuction is done to remove or withdraw fats from desired parts of the body like the thighs, abdomen, arms, and stomach by utilizing fine cannulas.
- This method is done so that the small vessels located near the tissue do not bleed, while also preventing the fat cells that were transferred from expiring. Through this process, the fat is inserted naturally into the breasts’ matrix of adipose tissue.
- In order to remove any impurities and liquids, the withdrawn fat is then processed in a sterile environment.
- Finally, it is injected into the breasts helping to achieve the desired volume, shape, and size.
When is this procedure performed?
The result depends on the current breast measurements and cup size. Most likely, patients see an increase in bra cup sizes from 1-1.5. Since this procedure involves fat grafting, it is usually softer and one of the most natural ways to enlarge breast size.
Since this procedure can be completed within a day, most patients are able to resume normal activity or take showers. Many patients also go back and continue to work within a few days. A patient may recover within a week or a few days. It is normal to experience some swelling or inflammation in or around the breast area with little to minimal pain for a few days. There can be some soreness around the areas that had liposuction. If there is intolerable pain, consulting the concerned plastic surgeon can help ease the pain.
What are the Pros and Cons of Natural Breast Augmentation?
Seven Pros are Listed Below:
There are plenty of advantages of natural breast augmentation. Some of them are:
- No artificial or foreign materials injected as it uses its own fat
- Since implants are not involved, there is no need to change out the implants in the future.
- It feels lighter
- It looks more natural
- There is no scarring visible as no incisions are made
- Liposuction helps remove unwanted fats from the body.
- The recovery time is quick.
Four Cons are Listed Below:
- It does not give a prominent result like implants and may require several sessions to achieve the desired goal.
- It can be a little expensive, as a single session may not give a significant result.
- In fat grafting, large volumes of fat cannot be transferred. For the fat graft to survive, it requires smaller amounts of fat grafts. This can be inconvenient for patients looking for fast results.
- The risk of re-absorption of fat cells.
Who are the ideal patients?
- Patients looking for natural results: Fat transfer but may not be suitable for every woman, but it can be a good alternative for women who prefer natural results rather than having an implant in their breast. The results of natural breast augmentation are not extremely large and striking. It looks very natural and also feels soft and lighter.
- Patients who have good quality fat: A very crucial and vital factor is the quality of the fat. It is the quality of the fat that determines the shape and volume of the patient’s breast. The availability of a sufficient quantity of good fat’ in a patient can help provide a great result.
- Patients who have good circulation: Two critical factors are the health and relative weight of the patient
Better results are shown in patients who are younger and have a healthier circulation. They heal better and quicker. There are also fewer complications with such patients.
Once it is established that the candidate is suitable for the procedure, it all depends on the skill and experience of the surgeon.
What is the cost of Breast Augmentation via Fat Grafting?
Usually, breast augmentation with fat transfer costs around $6,525 dollars depending upon the plastic surgeon or the clinics. Traditional breast augmentation with implants costs around $6,300.
While comparing, there not might be a notable difference in the cost. However, fat grafting procedure results are better if the procedure is done more than once, and so fat grafting can become a tad expensive. On the other hand, Breast augmentation with implants generally gives the optimal size and results in just one procedure.
The success rate of Fat Grafting
With certified surgeons and good clinics, there is always a positive outcome. In some cases, there can be complications where the fat grafted does not survive. This is so because after transferring living fat cells into the breasts, the blood supply must be reestablished for the fat cells to survive. Sometimes, the fat cells and be reabsorbed by the body if it does not receive access to the blood vessels.
The blood cells in the right and left breast vary in number, and this can cause asymmetry in the results since the fat cells transferred might have different survival rates.
There are factors that may affect fat cell viability in fat grafting. They are:
- Injection technique
- Volume injected
- Harvesting technique
- Patient anatomy
- Asymmetrical breasts
- The healing capacity of the patient
It is known that with age, the breasts will start to sag, and the effect of fat grafting may diminish over a while. The results achieved from breast augmentation with implants are more predictable since there are no risks of re-absorption of the fat cells or the anatomy of blood vessels.
How to choose a good surgeon?
It is very vital to choose a surgeon who has experience in the field of breast augmentation. It is also important to know that the surgeon has excellent credentials and can be trusted for the procedure.
- Look upon the internet or do some researches about the work experiences and surgery success the surgeon had.
- If the surgeon is new, try to find where he/she completed their medical course and if the person is reliable.
- Book appointments and have conversations with the surgeon to build trust. So having multiple consultations with the concerned surgeon is very important.
- Communication is the key. Therefore, any doubts or questions must be brought up prior to committing to the surgery.
What is PlasticSpot?
Plasticspot helps connect patients to the best plastic surgeons in the world.
With this website, a person can get access to different doctors in the area and the type of surgery he/ she performs. It helps to book appointments and find doctors easily.
It is a quick and easy way to book appointments and learn more about plastic surgery. Book now for a Breast Augmentation in Calgary.
Breast augmentation is a great procedure to enhance the breast, and it provides volume and better proportion to the body.
There are many types of breast augmentations, i.e., Implant and Fat Grafting, and it is important to choose which is ideal for one’s body.
A proper consultation is necessary before getting into the operation room. It is also vital to know what the doctor is injecting into the body.
After the surgery, it is important to stay careful and eat proper food.
The results can vary from person to person.
Having a perky and well-shaped breast is what plenty of women desire. However, the process should never be rushed. It is always important to allow an experienced and competent surgeon to perform the surgery after multiple consultations.
Interested in a new you?
Get a free consultation in Calgary with a top-rated clinic, on us!